Web accessibility isn’t just a commitment to a more inclusive world: It’s a long-term solution that keeps your business competitive, protected and connected to all your customers.
IT’S EASY TO GET STARTED
Myth:Online toolbars and widgets are a low-budget way for businesses to ensure web compliance.
Fact:There are no automated tools that can ensure your company is WCAG compliant or reduce your risk for lawsuits.
Accessibility Widgets and Overlays Offer No Guarantees
LIGHTHOUSE OFFERS THE EXPERTISE YOU NEED
OUR PROVEN PROCESS OUTPERFORMS WIDGETS
Most toolbars and plug-ins check only 40% of common compliance standards, leaving the other 60% unresolved. In the long term, many companies end up with two different versions of their website, allowing problems to escalate over time.
At Lighthouse, we use a combination of automated screening and human testers to dig into the details of your digital presence — ensuring total accessibility.
|Feature||Website Accessibility Widget||Our Proven Process|
|100% WCAG Compliance 24/7 Section 508, WCAG 2.1, ADA Title III||X 50% Compliance||✓ 100% Compliance|
|Comply with Legislation 24/7||X 50% Compliance||✓ 100% Compliance|
|Website Accessibility Check||X Automated
leaving a majority of the standards unchecked.
|✓ Automated & Manual|
|Remediation||X Plugin Does not fix all accessibility issues||✓ Code Level
Ensure 100% WCAG compliance
|Digital Documents||X Not tested||✓ Tested
(both automatically and manually)
|Ongoing support||X Talk to the Widget! Widget assume your problems are solved||✓ Expert Level Guidance
to ensure ongoing WCAG compliance
|HTML Labeling||X Some things can be labeled automatically; some cannot||✓ Everything is labeled
and the labels actually make sense.
|ARIA||X A widget can only guess what the right ARIA info should be, so it cannot fix ARIA problems||✓ All custom widgets have the correct ARIA attributes,
so users know how to use them
|Comply with Assistive Technology||X Competes with user software and creates new and unforeseen issues||✓ 100% WCAG Compliance|
|Bottom Line||Your digital content is accessible to some, SOMETIMES!||Your digital content is accessible and inclusive to everyone,
AT ALL TIMES!
Better for Business (And the Bottom Line)
Did you know?
BOOST YOUR IMPACT … AND YOUR BOTTOM LINE
The Solutions You Are Looking For
“Lighthouse was by far the best choice. They were reasonably priced, and the actual workers who tested our website had disabilities themselves — this definitely increased their credibility. We highly recommend Lighthouse Works to any company, large or small, that needs to update their website to gain ADA accessibility status.”
Ashley Dawkins, Marketing Director
Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle